Forrester evaluates social media management solutions, highlighting four stand-out leaders for Enterprise Social Marketing.
In the recently published Forrester Wave, the analysis firm examines 10 leading vendors supporting Enterprise Social Marketing. These vendors are now referred to as SMMS providers. What is an SMMS you ask? It’s a Social Media Management Solution – simply put, they are solutions that help marketers publish, monitor, and respond to customer posts on social networks.
Forrester critiqued 10 leading vendors against 32 criteria in three areas of 1) current offering, 2) strategy and 3) market presence.
The SMMS providers were evaluated on their solution’s response, content, workflow capabilities, and whether they can pull in external data. In addition, each solution’s social advertising, measurements and data partnerships, security and customer satisfaction were analysed.
So what were the key takeaways?
- 10 vendors were worth looking at, four lead the pack and the others offered competitive alternatives.
- Recent solution updates are fueling Enterprise-wide collaboration.
- Measurement, Integration, And Security Certifications Are Key Differentiators
- Best of breed point solutions are still recommended over social suites, although social suites have matured since 2015 (mind you, a large proportion of solution users canvassed by Forrester did say they prefer to buy all social tools from one vendor…)
- Facebook and Instagram are still getting the largest share of advertisers’ wallets (those who were surveyed that is)
- Integration across the martech stack is becoming increasingly important
- Contributions from outside the marketing department are growing and therefore so is the need for Social Media Management Solutions to allow for collaboration, integration and automated workflows.
And who are the top 4 in the significant 10?
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite Enterprise
Hootsuite’s revamped capabilities officially cement its enterprise status.
- Lithium Technologies – Social Media Management
Lithium Technologies offers a response-driven SMMS reminiscent of its heritage
- Spredfast – Spredfast Conversations
Spredfast aims to bring marketing and servicing together for “brand love.”
- Sprinklr – Sprinklr Experience Cloud 10.4.0
Sprinklr’s advertising capabilities extend its social marketing reach.
- Facelift – Facelift Cloud
Facelift’s flexible, workflow-driven approach fuels cross-team initiatives.
- Sysomos – Sysomos 6.5
Sysomos reimagines its SMMS with a focus on listening and search.
- Percolate – Percolate
Percolate excels with content governance, but misses some SMMS needs.
- Salesforce – Social Studio
Salesforce updates its user experience, yet usability remains an opportunity.
- Oracle – Social Cloud
Oracle shines with language support, but must invest in fresh automated capabilities.
- Sprout Social – Sprout Social
Sprout Social delivers on customer satisfaction, but not complex client needs.
If you want to read the full report it is available for download from the Hootsuite website The Forrester Wave™: Social Media Management Solutions, Q2 2017
Forrester is also running a webinar in August: WEBINAR: The Forrester Wave™: Social Media Management Solutions, Q2 2017 Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 11:00 AM-11:40 AM Eastern time (1:00-1:40 AEST)
Want help with your own social media?
OTM has a full suite of social media management, training and advisory services. Check out our OTM Social Media Services page here, or contact us directly for a chat.