Community platform for communicators and marketers who have had to rapidly adapt to a changing market in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These have been drastic times. As we stayed apart in 2020 in order to band together, our global efforts of social distancing have had significant impacts on the way we do business. We’ve had to be careful, smart, strategic and creative, to keep businesses operating and mitigate anxiety for employees, members, clients and suppliers.
We believe in the creative power of the human mind and by putting our heads together, we can come up with creative and innovative solutions to help many brands come out the other side of this.
To do our bit, we launched OTM Outreach 2020. It is a free virtual helpline and shared platform for marketing, communications, and creative advice and insights. Whether you have questions about digital marketing, content creation, public relations, client or employee communications or change management, we’re here to help our community communicate and respond as best they can in this changing climate.
The helpline to submit questions is available via the form below. We also hosted a live weekly Q&A sessions in the first half of the year. Recordings are available on our blog and the OTM Outreach 2020 Half Yearly Report is now available for download.
Recorded Live Q&A Webinars | Related articles
Submit your question to our Free Virtual Helpline using the form below:
Your questions answered
WORK IN PROGRESS – FAQ will be filled in as questions are submitted. Please note that our team members are providing their support to you free of charge. We’ll set aside 1-hour each day to review questions and send responses.
Some of our OTM staff have hosted, co-hosted or assisted in setting up online events with varying participant numbers.
We can provide specific assistance if you are interested in shifting to the online event space.
Here are some links to cloud services that you could use:
Social livestream platforms include:
Webinar platform options include:
- 6connex: Available on any browser or device, with no download required. Features include flexible registration, social media integration, and real-time analytics.
- Crowdcast: Can be joined through a single URL. Tools include built-in registration forms, analytics, replays, and more.
- Demio: Allows for pre-recorded or live webinars—or a mix of both. Includes private chat, interactive polls, call-to-action buttons, and other features.
- Livestorm: On-demand webinars from Livestorm include integrations with Google Analytics, Slack, and various engagement tools.
- WebinarNinja: No need to download software for this platform, which offers paid and free events, 1,000+ app integrations, and even Facebook Pixel ad tracking.
- Zoom: Can have one host, group chat—and even offers breakout rooms. Plans cover from 100 to 10,000 view-only attendees.
- YouTube Livestream: A free and easy option for streaming live webinars.
The advice from our panel…
- Keep it simple, focus on the content and don’t worry too much about the delivery mechanism. Particularly for inhouse meetings it is important that people have a platform to get the information they need.
- Plan. Plan. Plan. Test. Test. Test. Rehearse. Market……It is relatively easy to set up an event, but the planning, testing, rehearsing and marketing of the event is often overlooked. Just as you wouldn’t wing an in-person event, make sure you spend the time preparing and marketing for your online event.
- Resource your event appropriately. Depending on the magnitude of your event it is worth having a production person supporting you – someone who can be a co-host of your webinar, manage the digitial interactions with Q&A, facilitate conversations etc. The idea is that the presenter or facilitator should be focusing on doing just that, and their should be someone behind the scenes making sure the production all works.
How do I submit a question to the virtual helpline?
- Fill in the form above, or Email your question directly to our shared Helpline mailbox.