Community platform for communicators and marketers who have had to rapidly adapt to a changing market in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These have been drastic times. As we stayed apart in 2020 in order to band together, our global efforts of social distancing have had significant impacts on the way we do business. We’ve had to be careful, smart, strategic and creative, to keep businesses operating and mitigate anxiety for employees, members, clients and suppliers.
We believe in the creative power of the human mind and by putting our heads together, we can come up with creative and innovative solutions to help many brands come out the other side of this.
To do our bit, we launched OTM Outreach 2020. It is a free virtual helpline and shared platform for marketing, communications, and creative advice and insights. Whether you have questions about digital marketing, content creation, public relations, client or employee communications or change management, we’re here to help our community communicate and respond as best they can in this changing climate.
The helpline to submit questions is available via the form below. We also hosted a live weekly Q&A sessions in the first half of the year. Recordings are available on our blog and the OTM Outreach 2020 Half Yearly Report is now available for download.
Recorded Live Q&A Webinars | Related articles
Submit your question to our Free Virtual Helpline using the form below:
Your questions answered
WORK IN PROGRESS – FAQ will be filled in as questions are submitted. Please note that our team members are providing their support to you free of charge. We’ll set aside 1-hour each day to review questions and send responses.
We don’t think so!
Don’t write yourself off, you can still demonstrate your value with clever documentation – bring your business objectives and KPI results to the forefront of your case. Articulate how you are truly adding value and what deliberate decisions you made to improve core business activities.
Dive into your data! Recognise where the majority of your revenue comes from and focus on service delivery across the most effective channel based on your analytics. Localise with Google Ad spend, or segment your EDM messaging to suit the most engaged user lists or consumers geographically.
Get close to your CFO and technology team, talk about necessity. If there is a need to run lean for while, turn off what’s not working!
Keeping employees feeling secure in these rapidly changing times is a continual challenge. Reassure your staff by communicating useful information quickly and regularly in a calm, honest and succinct way. It can be helpful to develop a communications plan and we have created a COVID19 Internal Communications Plan Template free for you to use which will guide you through this process. Key things to consider are:
- Identify the purpose of your organisation and how this is threatened by the crisis.
- Identify the actions you need to focus on, linking them to your key purpose.
- Identify your crisis communication team. Nominate a respected senior member of staff as your spokesperson. Your team may include members of communications, legal, information technology, human resources and health and safety teams.
- Identify the channels you will use to communicate with your staff. These may include email, text messaging, phone, intranet pages, online collaboration tools or physical messaging. Ensure that the channels you select are accessible by staff who may be unable to access online systems.
- Determine the frequency of your communications on each channel. How will you keep your staff informed without overwhelming them.
- Consider two way communication, let employees know how to contact you to ask questions or raise issues.
- Create a central location for information on your intranet or in a fact sheet that can be emailed to staff without access to the intranet.
- Brief your line managers, let them know what to say and how to help their team members.
- In the case that staff may have to be laid off communicate quickly and clearly, directing people to both internal and external support services.
Reassure your staff by letting them know how they you will support them while providing prompt and consistent advice on their role and responsibilities connecting their actions to the wider purpose and aims of your organisation.
How do I submit a question to the virtual helpline?
- Fill in the form above, or Email your question directly to our shared Helpline mailbox.