Community platform for communicators and marketers who have had to rapidly adapt to a changing market in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These have been drastic times. As we stayed apart in 2020 in order to band together, our global efforts of social distancing have had significant impacts on the way we do business. We’ve had to be careful, smart, strategic and creative, to keep businesses operating and mitigate anxiety for employees, members, clients and suppliers.
We believe in the creative power of the human mind and by putting our heads together, we can come up with creative and innovative solutions to help many brands come out the other side of this.
To do our bit, we launched OTM Outreach 2020. It is a free virtual helpline and shared platform for marketing, communications, and creative advice and insights. Whether you have questions about digital marketing, content creation, public relations, client or employee communications or change management, we’re here to help our community communicate and respond as best they can in this changing climate.
The helpline to submit questions is available via the form below. We also hosted a live weekly Q&A sessions in the first half of the year. Recordings are available on our blog and the OTM Outreach 2020 Half Yearly Report is now available for download.
Recorded Live Q&A Webinars | Related articles
Submit your question to our Free Virtual Helpline using the form below:
Your questions answered
WORK IN PROGRESS – FAQ will be filled in as questions are submitted. Please note that our team members are providing their support to you free of charge. We’ll set aside 1-hour each day to review questions and send responses.
It is important to consider your messaging and distribution strategy carefully at this time as the digital and print media is very full of Coronavirus news. Consider how your organisation can be of assistance and if your good news demonstrates how you are well placed to help. The link between your news and Coronavirus needs to be genuine and compelling to ensure you do not appear opportunistic nor indifferent.
If you do decide that your news is genuinely appropriate at the moment our suggestions would include:
- Write a media release and share it with relevant media in the industries you are targeting
- Self publish an article on your own website/blog and also make sure there is a feature on your home page
- Self publish an article on LinkedIn
- Create a post on social media
- Consider setting up a paid digital campaign, advertising on social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram (platform depends on who you are trying to reach)
- Use testimonials from existing clients or users
- Send an announcement via email to your existing database encouraging them to share the news with their networks
- Depending on who you are trying to reach it is important that in any of the communications or advertising activities you have a clear call to action so that you can capture people’s interest quickly. This could be a landing page on your website with a form to convert; it could be a form or other call to action within the digital advertisement itself (i.e. a Facebook form, Facebook callback button)
How do I submit a question to the virtual helpline?
- Fill in the form above, or Email your question directly to our shared Helpline mailbox.