Engage and convert customers when they’re on the move.
These days most of us are constantly connected, we want to be able to find what we want when we want it, especially when we’re on the go. Searching online on your mobile device can be extremely frustrating particularly when pages don’t scroll properly or the text is so small you have to keep zooming in.
So how important is it for a business to have a mobile friendly website?
According to a recent Deloitte survey, almost 80% of Australians surveyed have a smart phone and there are roughly 15 million smartphones in use in Australia – on average Australians check their phones thirty times a day.
Google recently undertook a study to gauge perceptions of mobile friendly sites and this is what they found:
- While nearly 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly site, 96% of consumers say they’ve encountered sites that were clearly not designed for mobile devices.
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service
- 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when they get to a site that’s not mobile-friendly
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company
- 48% said that if a site didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
So there you have it – mobile users will seek out and actively engage with mobile-friendly sites. But having a mobile-friendly site is not just about increasing sales, its about building brand reputation and engaging with your audience in a way that is meaningful for them.
To find out if your site is mobile friendly take the Google test.